Sunday, December 20, 2015

WOW! What a Response...

I had no idea - THANK YOU - to everyone!!!
 
When I first dreamed up this "little project", I wasn't sure if I was just kidding myself.
Would anyone really even be interested or not?
 
Well I can say that I am both, "Very Surprised" and, "Very Pleased" by the response I have had.
The great support from Family, Friends and so many other great Stephen King Fans from around the world is amazing.

But the most influential support I have received, is from within what is known as "The Stephen King Community".  Those are the folks, and very dedicated individuals, who commit to their passions for King and put it out there for other fans and enthusiasts.  They are the ones who write about, and publish, works about the world of Stephen King.  They are the ones who maintain, (and in at least one case, for 20 years) incredible Websites and Blogs for those seeking "All Things King".

You can't be a serious collector of King without knowing about, and interacting with these great people. 
So, you may ask... What does it take to be a serious collector?
Well, the obvious first step, is the Constant Reader Passion.  Those afflicted know what I'm talking about.
Next is, available financial resources.  That's the toughie...
It is said that collectors can range from those on a "Beer Budget" to those on a "Champaign Budget" and anywhere in between.
I started with the beer budget strategy, but now it would be fair to say I'm into the "Fine Wines Category".  Have yet to reach Champaign, as I don't own any of the very nice Limited or signed editions...yet.
The final step is the sources of supply, as in both information and the actual purchasing of your treasures.   
 

To say Thanks to some of these great people for their support and encouragement, I would like to point out a few of them here.
 
Specialty Publishers
 
These are the great publishers of very fine editions of King's books, as well as great books about Stephen King and his works.  Presses like Cemetery Dance, where they publish a great magazine featuring horror and dark fantasy fiction as well as their very nicely done specialty editions. 
I will be doing some feature presentations of a number of great pieces I have from them.



Specialty Dealers and Sellers
 
To locate those items that you just won't find at your local used book and/or magazine stores, you need to be on the lists with specialty book sellers and dealers.  For example places like The Overlook Connection Bookstore and Press.  The owner Dave Hinchberger and I have had a "dealing" relationship since the early 1990's.  Man, that was before the internet days... Mail Order Catalogues...
We are still going strong toady with orders stacking up.  Dave has also published some cool King books that I will be showing off later.
Time Tunnel was another nice source back in those days too.  There will also be a presentation on specialty dealers and catalogues later on...

Staying Connected Online
 
For the best in up-to-date information on Stephen King related news today, we have the Internet.
And by far, the best King online source of news and info is Lilja's Library.  If you have never been there, you need to check it out.  He has even published a book featuring his website and its history.  This coming year will be Lilja's 20th year and he will be doing things to celebrate it over the year.
 
And, in my opinion, the second best site online goes to Talk Stephen King.  It is an amazing Blog that I have been following for years now.  David has a way of finding the unique and always interesting tidbits of King info and news.  I also enjoy his own thoughts, comments and journals on everything Stephen King.  He has also published a book of his own, A Face Among The Masters, that compares King's status among other great authors in history.
It was David's kind words on his site about my efforts and his welcoming my voice to "the King community" that felt the best.  Thanks David! 
 
Thanks again to everyone.  I appreciate all your kind words and thoughts.
If there is something I can bring off the shelves to look at, please let me know.
In fact my next post will be a response to a request from a page visitor. 
Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment