Sunday, December 20, 2015

Mass Market Trade Paperback Editions

To finish out the more traditional mass market versions of King's books published, and that I have in my collection, there are the Trade Paperback editions.  Similar in size to the Hard Cover editions but with a "soft" cover.  Not all of King's books have seen this treatment, especially the earlier books, but they are rather common today.

In my first photo I have all The Dark Tower series (except for The Little Sisters of Eluria).  The reason I am holding two copies of the first novel in the series, The Gunslinger, is because one of them has an embossed cover.  King's name and the title are raised, or imprinted, on the cover. 
In the beginning of the publication of the series, the Trade Paperback was the only way the general public could get them.  Unless, of course, you had one of the Limited Donald M Grant editions.
And in the bottom right, you can see I also have Under the Dome in Trade Paperback.

The Dark Tower series with Under The Dome
 

There was a special Trade Paperback edition of six of King's early books that were published in the early 1990's.  They were referred to as The Collectors Editions
They were released with two separate cover styles and each one had a new "celebrity" introduction by someone different.
Trade Paperback Collectors Editions of 6 early King novels

The celebrity introductions to these titles were as follows:
Carrie - Tabatha King
Salem's Lot - Clive Barker
The Shining - Ken Follett

The Dead Zone - Anne Rivers Siddons
Firestarter - John Grisham
Cujo - Dan Simmons
 
In my next photo we can see a variety of Kings books in Trade Paperback. 
There's an edition of Carrie that has a new Introduction by Stephen King.
We see there's two versions of The Bachman Books.  There's the one released, in 1985, when it was discovered that King was actually Richard Bachman and, there's the one released in 1996 with a new introduction by King titled "The Importance of Being Bachman".
These are one of the only remaining places you will would be able to find Rage, as King has taken it out of print.  The only King book (to my knowledge), out of print today.
You will see I also have two editions of The Green Mile in Trade Paperback.  Again, one has a nice embossed cover and the other one I found in a used book store with it's own slipcase... Just had to have it...you know?
To finish out this photo, we also have Cycle of the Werewolf, Everything's Eventual with the "1408" movie tie-in cover, Joyland, and Full Dark No Stars with the new story "Under the Weather"


Carrie, The Bachman Books, The Green Mile and others
 

My next shot is of King's Storm of the Century.  It is the original script for the TV mini series of the same name that King did with ABC for a "major television event".
Storm of the Century
 

And, in my final photo for this shoot, There is another variety of King Trade Paperback editions.
There's Under the Dome, Lisey's Story, Duma Key, 11-22-63, Doctor Sleep, Mr. Mercedes,  and Revival.  As you can see, there is a wide variety of King's works available in Trade Paperback editions
More recent Trade Paperback editions of King's novels
 

Well, I think that pretty much covers all of King's books to be found in the traditional mass market formats.  Next, I'll be getting into the Specialty and Limited editions of his books that I have here in my treasure chest.
Thanks for visiting and I hope you are liking what you are seeing.  The really interesting items are yet to come.  I envision this as a long leisurely stroll through the many varied and eclectic items I have to share. 
Please, come along for the journey, I'm sure I'll make it worth your while...




No comments:

Post a Comment